At first glance Greater Victoria is an amazing place to live - an abundance of natural beauty, stable economy, low unemployment and a thriving arts community. However, far too many of its citizens are not able to live life to the full.
In the first 8 months of 2017, 71 people died of an overdose.
By August, air pollution warnings were issued across the CRD as wild fires raged.
Every month 17,000 visits to a foodbank occur.
A lot of energy is dedicated to tackling these issues but it is often not aligning effectively.
Another way forward is possible as we expand our member organizations to make change happen.
Our current dues paying member organizations are:
- BC Government and Service Employees' Union
- St. John the Divine Anglican Church
- St Patrick’s Catholic Church
- Sierra Club BC
- BC Sustainable Energy Association
- Camosun College Students Society
- Indigenous Perspectives Society
- Our Place Society
- Congregation Emanu-El
- Shambhala Meditation Centre
- The Sisters of St. Ann
- Saint Vincent de Paul Society
- First Unitarian Church of Victoria
- AIDS Vancouver Island
- Greater Victoria Teachers Association
- Holy Cross Catholic Church