At first glance Greater Victoria is an amazing place to live - an abundance of natural beauty, stable economy, low unemployment and a thriving arts community. However, far too many of its citizens are not able to live life to the full.
In the first 8 months of 2017, 71 people died of an overdose.
By August, air pollution warnings were issued across the CRD as wild fires raged.
Every month 17,000 visits to a foodbank occur.
A lot of energy is dedicated to tackling these issues but it is often not aligning effectively.
Another way forward is possible. When a diverse group of civic organizations work together, we can build effective power for change.
Our current dues paying member organizations are:
- BC Government and Service Employees' Union
- St. John the Divine Anglican Church
- St Patrick’s Catholic Church
- Sierra Club BC
- BC Sustainable Energy Association
- Camosun College Students Society
- Indigenous Perspectives Society
- Our Place Society
- Congregation Emanu-El
- Shambhala Meditation Centre
- The Sisters of St. Ann
- Saint Vincent de Paul Society
- First Unitarian Church of Victoria
- AIDS Vancouver Island
- Greater Victoria Teachers Association
- Holy Cross Catholic Church
- Cool Aid Society
- Cadboro Bay United Church
- Anawim House